SHORT FICTION THAT CAUSES A CHUCKLE, LAUGH, GUFFAW OR PSYCHOTIC REACTIONS

Friday, March 21, 2008

Peacin' Ain't Easy...

Whew! Boy am I tired...I was on my way to feed 1/4 of the world's poor with genetically altered gigantic ears of corn, the usual. In an instant, I was paged by the emergency arm of the United Nations. I was needed to negotiate a peace treaty between 2 African Bushmen tribes. It was a lengthy process and I won't go into detail, but it involved 14 pieces of twisted copper wire (each a different shade of blue), a roving diplomat nicknamed "Revolvo" with a lengthy orange beard that a sparrow has made a small nest in, 27 playing cards from the trick deck of legendary escapist Harry Houdini, and a 4" by 7" square of shag carpet (stained by an accidentally dropped piece of Dragon Roll) from Jim Morrison's beach pad during his time in film school. All is safe in Botswana...FOR NOW!

No comments: